If you are one of those mom's who is intimidated by lasagna, I say to you...YOU CAN DO IT!! I love this recipe because it is easy and delicious. It pleases everyone with its classic homemade taste. I actually prefer it to other more fancy lasagna recipes that call for things like italian sausage and ricotta cheese...boo!
Another great thing is that you can make this ahead of time. Just put it in the refrigerator overnight or in the freezer for a while. Usually by the time Friday rolls around I want to make something nice for my Superman. So I make this at nap time and instead of baking it I put it in the fridge. It's ready and waiting for me too bake at dinner time.
Here is what you'll need...
1 lb ground beef
3-8oz cans tomato sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground oregano
1/4 tsp salt
8oz box of lasagna noodles
8oz shredded swiss cheese
12oz carton cottage cheese
Whoops looks like my carton of cottage cheese is too big.
Guess I will just have to add a little extra ;o)
1. Brown ground beef. Drain grease.
2. Stir in Tomato sauce, salt, pepper and oregano. Heat to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Cook noodles as directed.
4. In an ungreased 9x13 baking dish, alternate 1/3 of each:
End the last layer with 1 1/4 cup of meat sauce
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
Come back tomorrow for Welcome Home Wednesday! We are going to tackle that pile of laundry.